Acceptable Usage Policy
- There are many competitors that are NOT willing to disclose the information below.
- We have therefor decided to remove it from our website as well.
- Many competitors sell very high speed packages with very low thresholds that they do NOT disclose.
- This is misleading advertising and delivers packages with a "up to maximum speed" and very low thresholds.
- This Uncapped Wireless service has been developed mainly for users who require the assurance of an uninterrupted and fixed cost service.
- The uncapped wireless service is a managed service, whereby the customers’ usage is monitored and recorded.
- The service is allocated a certain threshold for the month which is currently set to the table below.
- Once this threshold is reached your speed will be throttled to the speed indicated in the table below and you will not be disconnected or charged extra for that month. Hence the term uncapped is applied to these services since you can enjoy an unlimited amount of data for the month and not be disconnected.
- We also offer pure unshaped packages.
|Speed||Standard Threshold||Premium Threshold||Throttled to|
|384 kbps||50 GB||No such package||192 kbps|
|512 kbps||50 GB||No such package||256 kbps|
|1 mbps||60 GB||100 GB||512 kbps|
|2 mbps||110 GB||200 GB||1 mbps|
|4 mbps||220 GB||Not Throttled||2 mbps|
|6 mbps||280 GB||Not Throttled||3 mbps|
|8 mbps||400 GB||Not Throttled||4 mbps|
|10 mbps||500 GB||Not Throttled||5 mbps|
|20 mbps||600 GB||Not Throttled||10 mbps|
1. Definitions explained:
Bandwidth throttling is the intentional slowing of Internet service by an Internet Service Provider. Throttling is applied on an individual user basis, based on usage over a 30 day rolling window threshold. Throttling is applied only when demand on the network exceeds available network capacity, and is relieved when demand decreases.
Traffic shaping is a network traffic management technique which delays some or all datagrams to bring them into compliance with a desired traffic profile. Traffic shaping is used to optimize or guarantee performance, improve latency, and/or increase usable bandwidth. Shaping is applied to all users in general where realtime, interactive services (Like VOIP) are given higher priority over non-realtime, non-interactive services.
2. Monthly Thresholds
Standard Uncapped packages have a threshold (based on a daily usage track) after which speeds could be subject to shaping and throttling of up to 50%. Packages are subject to throttling only when a user has reached their monthly threshold. These packages also have lower priority during business hours.
Premium Uncapped packages are not generally shaped, but can be subject to shaping, should the network experience high levels of demand. These packages have high priority always.